About IAM membership:
The benefits of IAM Membership include:
- Member discounts on IAM Training Conferences featuring nationally recognized experts in the field. Recently, the IAM has brought in such speakers as Robert Benjamin (Senior Editor, Mediate.com - 2008), Diana Mercer (Founder & President, Peace Talks Mediation Services, Los Angeles, CA - 2009); James Melamed (Co-Founder & CEO of Mediate.com - 2010); and internationally-recognized mediators, authors, and trainers, Forrest "Woody" Mosten in 2011, Lee Jay Berman in 2012, and Zena Zumeta in 2013.
- The opportunity to be involved in mediation activities of Indiana's only mediator's association for attorneys, social workers, and other mediation professionals
- A free listing on the Association's "Find A Mediator" page to get your name in front of potential clients - and since the IAM shows up on a Google search for "Indiana mediators" second only to the IN Supreme Court Mediator Registry, you can be sure your name will be seen!
- A detailed contact profile on the IAM website (accessible by members only) with your personal information to allow better networking with other IAM members and one-on-one communication - the profile can include your picture and you control the amount of information that will be seen by other members
- The IAM Newsletter, which provides information on IAM members, their activities, and topics relating to mediation
- Networking opportunities among fellow mediators at IAM functions
- The right to use the IAM logo on your business card, stationary, and website
- A voice in mediation legislation
- Reciprocal member pricing for training classes offered by mediation associations in other states, if a reciprocity agreement is in place
- Discount pricing with approved providers of mediation training, including the National Association of Social Workers (IN Chapter) and Kim Van Valer, who presents an approved 40-hour Domestic Relations class
- Access to the IAM membership mailing list and the Association's Listserve
- Discount pricing on all courses and products (including live workshops, webinars, both live and pre-recorded, and products such as books, DVDs and audio CDs) offered by the American Institute of Mediation.
Membership dues and how to apply:
New members – $60 for the year. If you join between September 1 and December 31, you may opt to pay $80, which pays your dues for the rest of the current calendar year and all of the next calendar year. New Members can request a login on the New Member's Portal. On the right side of the screen, fill in your first and last name and provide your email address. Then click on "Sign Up" and you will be prompted to provide your personal information and join the IAM. Once you are a member, you will be granted full access to the IAM Member's Portal which allows you to find other IAM members and communicate with them on a one-on-one basis. Payment for your membership can be made by credit card, or you may opt to send in a check for your membership.
Current members – from November 1st until December 31st, you may take advantage of an "early bird" special - $50 pays your dues for the coming year and you save $10. After December 31st, dues are the same as those paid for by New Members - $60 for the current year or $80 if you join after September 1st, which pays for the rest of the current year and all of the next calendar year. To renew your membership, go to the IAM Member's Portal and login on the left side of the screen. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your renewal and update your personal information. Payment for your membership can be made by credit card, or you may opt to send in a check for your membership.
The Member's Portal allows you to:
- Update your personal information 24/7 on the MY PROFILE tab so that it's always up-to-date
- Control the amount of information that will appear to other IAM members
- Upload your picture and a link to your website
- Find a directory of other IAM members and communicate directly with them
- Check the expiration date of your current membership and renew your membership
- Change your Portal password
- Find a list of current IAM officers and directors
- Find a list of IAM Conferences you've attended
If you prefer to use a paper application, download the membership application form, fill it out, and send it in with your dues. For more information about the IAM, contact any of the officers or directors listed on the Contact Us page of this website or on the IAM Officers & Directors tab of the Portal.
To be listed on the IAM's Mediator Referral List (a benefit available only to current members), download the Referral List Application Form and the Referral List Agreement Form. Complete and sign both forms, and enclose a copy of the Declarations Page of your current malpractice insurance policy showing that coverage is in effect.
Completed membership applications and/or Referral List information should be sent to:
c/o Rick Wacker, Treasurer & Membership Coordinator
4520 W. Jurist Court
Trafalgar, IN 46181
Once a member has been approved for listing on the Referral List, in subsequent years, proof of ongoing malpractice coverage is not required. Provided that a member's dues have been paid, the box at the end of the Referral List Agreement Form can simply be marked to indicate that malpractice insurance remains in force and that the contact information has not changed. Persons who are not current IAM members are not eligible to be listed on the Referral List and will be removed.
See the Contact Us page for a complete listing of our Officers & Directors.
The Indiana Association of Mediators has publicly available by-laws.